Immigration Law Associates, PC

Streamlined Process to Request Social Security Cards

Posted on by

In a Statement from the US Department of Justice Thursday September 16th, Non-US citizens can now request a new or replacement social security card when they apply: for an Employment Authorization Document through the USCIS form I-765, or lawful permanent resident status through the USCIS form I-485. This applies with the request of a replacement social security card as well through the same forms.

While you don’t necessarily need to go to an official Social Security Administration office. Instead, once USCIS approves the Form I-765 or I-485, USCIS will send the Social Security Administration will send a replacement card.

Usually, non-US citizens who request a social security card get it within two weeks after receiving their Employment Authorization Documents from the I-765 or Permanent Resident Card from the I-485. But only after USCIS approves the Form I-764 or I-485.

Filed under: Uncategorized