MUST HAVE – 2 years Immigration background (Asylum, family immigration, EB2 experience)
8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
A well-recognized immigration attorney firm located in Washington DC is seeking an immigration paralegal to join our highly regarded immigration practice. We specialize in complex cases and have been in practice for 30 years. The firm’s primarily focuses on representing individuals in removal proceedings, as well as those applying for family-based and humanitarian benefits both in the US and abroad at Embassies.
Our firm seeks an individual who will enhance our team’s ability to provide zealous, empathetic, and top-notch legal services to our clients with asylum experience in court and affirmative cases committed to working with international clients from all over the world.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous, People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects, Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture, Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, Autonomous/Independent – self motivated
The paralegal will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support to the firm’s immigration attorneys. These duties include maintaining direct client communication; preparing immigration benefit applications and forms and collecting supporting evidence; conducting factual and legal research; preparing legal pleadings and client declarations; preparing for court hearings by organizing, summarizing information and documents, and preparing witness and document lists; maintaining case files; and operating electronic client management system, among other tasks.
The successful candidate, among other things, will:
• Fluent in Spanish/French (English required)
• Have a B.A./B.S. or equivalent educational and professional experience.
• Ability to write and analyze legal documents.
• Have some experience conducting legal research and legal writing.
• Grasp substantive knowledge of relevant immigration laws, policies, and practices.
• Developed significant writing ability and skills with affidavits and other legal writing:
• Have a positive and collaborative approach to working with clients, colleagues, and organizational partners from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
• Have a demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to complete assigned task on time
• Have strong organization skills and possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• The firm provides competitive salary and other tangible and intangible benefits, including significant opportunity for professional career growth.
• Self starter, have initiative, be enthusiastic
Expected start date: ASAP or by November 1, 2021
Please send resume to: email@example.com
COVID-19 precautions: sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.