online slots malaysia
Immigration Law Associates, PC

How Do I Get InfoPass Instructions and How Does It Help My Case?

Posted on by

InfoPassIf you have an immigration issue that you need to discuss with a US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officer, you can schedule an InfoPass appointment at the USCIS District Office closest to where you live. (Baltimore or Fairfax in this area)

When you come to an InfoPass appointment, you will have fifteen minutes to discuss your particular issue with a USCIS officer and get advice on what steps you need to take to get action on your case that is stagnant or other questions you have.

Then go to RESOURCES and click option InfoPass

To make an InfoPass appointment, just follow these simple steps:

  1. Go to
  2. On the left hand side of the home page, click the option “Schedule a FREE Appointment
  3. Follow the steps that pop up: select a language, type in your zip code, select what type of appointment you need, your personal information, and a date and time for your appointment.
  4. Once you have successfully scheduled yourself for an appointment, print out your appointment notice so that you can bring it to your InfoPass appointment.
  5. If you find that you will not be able to keep your appointment, you can always cancel or reschedule – all you have to do is use identification numbers located at the bottom of the appointment notice that you had printed out.

What To Do When You Get To InfoPass Appointment?

  • Be sure to get there a few minutes early.  Because every individual is scheduled for a fifteen minute appointment, the USCIS officer will not be able to see you if you are late, as they will be helping other people with InfoPass appointments.
  • Bring your appointment confirmation notice,
  • Bring a valid photo ID – such as a passport or driver’s license
  • Bring all immigration documents related to your inquiry.

If you just want to check the status of your case, you can do so by logging onto and selecting the “Check My Case Status” option on the left-hand side of the home page, where you will have to type in the Receipt Number for the application that you want an update for.  If you don’t have internet access, you can simply call 1-800-375-5283 to speak to a USCIS representative about your case.

For more information, please visit:


If you are currently in removal or deportation proceedings, the case backlog means that you may have a considerable wait before the final resolution of your case. Unfortunately, this means that you will face uncertainty in your immigration status for months if not years. One way to ensure that your case is resolved as quickly as possible is to hire an immigration lawyer to represent you in immigration court. An immigration lawyer can help avoid delays in your case by preparing court motions and briefs in a timely fashion, thus avoiding the need to continue your hearing to another date. If you would like to speak to an immigration lawyer about your case, please contact Beach-Oswald Immigration Lawyers at 877- 526-8540.

Filed under: Immigration Issues

Tags: , , , , ,