Immigration Law Associates, PC

Areas of Practice

Removal of Conditions

After the foreign born spouse’s green card is granted, both spouses will need to submit a joint petition on Form I-751 to remove the two year condition on the foreign born spouse’s permanent residence.

  • This petition must be filed within 90 days immediately preceding the end of the two year period.
  • If the marriage has terminated because of divorce, death of the U.S. citizen spouse, or because of spousal abuse, the foreign born spouse may be able to waive the joint petition requirement and file on his/her own.

We recommend that you consult one of our experienced attorneys to determine whether you qualify for such a waiver.

The contents of these web pages are provided for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice for specific cases, which should only be obtained from an attorney. Beach-Oswald Immigration Lawyers can assist with all forms of temporary or permanent immigration to the United States.