online slots malaysia
Immigration Law Associates, PC

Areas of Practice

Labor Certification/PERM

Generally, in order for a person to obtain a green card through employment, they must go through the labor certification process.  Labor certification or PERM is typically the first of three steps for an alien worker to permanently work and live in the U.S.

The first step of the process is certification by the Department of Labor (DOL) that there are no qualified U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available to accept that offered job at the prevailing wage. Additionally, the DOL has to certify that the intended employment of the alien worker must not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers. Upon the successful conclusion of this complex multi-step process, which includes two additional steps (I-140 Immigrant Petition and I-485 Green Card Application) an alien worker and his spouse and unmarried children under 21 receive lawful permanent resident status (green cards).


PERM Processing Times as of May 6, 2013

Processing QueueRequest DateStatus*
H-1B February Current
H-2B February Current
PERM February Current
 Submission Date 
Redeterminations February Current
Center Director Reviews February

NPWC Processing Times as of May 6, 2013

Processing QueuePriority Dates
Analyst Reviews December 21, 2012
Audits June 30, 2012
Reconsideration Requests to the CO April 29, 2013
Gov’t Error Reconsiderations Current

*Current: PWDs: H-1B 60 days, H-2B 30 days, PERM 60 days. Redeterminations and Center Director Reviews: H-1B 60 days, H-2B 30 days, PERM 60 days.

Nonimmigrant Visa Wait Times

The Department of State (DOS) issues temporary, nonimmigrant, visas about over 100 consular posts around the world. We link DOS’s Visa Wait Times page. Select the appropriate consulate, and learn the current waiting times for receiving a particular type of temporary visa.

The contents of these web pages are provided for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice for specific cases, which should only be obtained from an attorney. Beach-Oswald Immigration Lawyers can assist with all forms of temporary or permanent immigration to the United States.